2009年7月31日星期五

How do I insert a logo/graphic file in my e-mail signature?

Our web host service says we have to enter html code pointing to a web page containing the file. They also say we have a page available with our package, but they can't help me with the code. I need to know the best way to do this. Can't I just embed the graphic in the emails somehow? (Intuitively something tells me that's not going to work - How could it?) So anyway, how do I get access to this page they're telling me I have, then get the graphic of our logo loaded there? I guess by then I'll know the html code to enter in our email signature(s).
How do I insert a logo/graphic file in my e-mail signature?
The way to do it is to place the signature image file on your web server, in a publicly available place. Then put the HTML that links to your image into the signature space for your e-mail. If you are using a client like Outlook, you need to make sure to configure it to *not* attach linked images to the e-mail message.





Just put something like the following in your signature:


%26lt;img src="http://www.yoursite.com/ yoursignature.gif"%26gt;





The only other option is to embed the image into the e-mail, as you said. The downside of this is that every e-mail you send will look like it has an attachment, and people will probably be confused by this.


没有评论:

发表评论