2009年7月31日星期五

Host profiessional web server at Home?

I need to host a dedicated server. Since I鈥檝e 2 desktops but I only need one, I want to host IIS web server at home running ASP.Net with SQL Server 2005 like godaddy鈥檚 dedicated server.





My questions are


1) Is there any web hosting company that can provide DNS service? Can godaddy provide that? Ex. When someone type www.mywebsite.com , I want the user to forward my home static IP.


2) As far as I know most COX ISP doesn鈥檛 provide fast upload speed. Can I request to COX to have more upload speed? Or is there any ISP that can provide fast upload speed 2Mbps or higher.





Please do not mention about software prices and security issues.
Host profiessional web server at Home?
Of course,there are tons of Dns services,I use Enom


you can also use easydns.com


with both,you can manage the nameservers to point to your static Ip


If you are hosting your website at your home server,why would you need a hosting company?


As an advice,it would be better to seperate Dns management and web hosting


By the way all web hosts provide dns and Ip forwarding services even if you dont host with them,yu just need to register the domain with them to have that.





Also,as you mentioned,you can use your ISP to do the ip mapping to your static IP(assuming your ip is assigned by your isp,it's easy and you dont have to pay anything most of the time) but ISP services are usually meant for personal pages.





Hope I have helped you a little bit.
Host profiessional web server at Home?
well simple answer, google IIS wem server tutorial... u can also install windows server 03 or 08 on the pc ur not using... makes life easier,
Reply:Hi,


I would recommend IX webhosting.It's very cheap and very reliable.Check it out here:


http://top50webhosting.notlong.com


没有评论:

发表评论