2009年8月3日星期一

Which Hosts should I consider for a new Web 2.0 Application that deals with 'lots' of Big Video files??

I am a designer in the UK and I am creating 'yet another' video sharing site for the Web 2.0 bubble (Don't panic, it's a good one).





I need to find out what sort of hosting I should use (maybe even get a comparison between shared, dedicated and virtual etc). And to accompany this which hosting companies I should be considering?





I could have 1,000 subscribers, 100,000 (or you never know 1,000,000) subscribers so I need a scaleable solution that doesnt cost me 3 arms and 4.236 legs.





I'll be hosting personal content and profiles for my users so it is VERY important that my host is Secure , reliable and I have Guaranteed Bandwidth for my users.





I plan to offer 50+Gb Bandwidth Transfer and 10+Gb Storage for each user. I do understand that Bandwidth costs money and therefore a lot of hosting plans Oversell for the majority of users who are not going to maximize the bandwidth offered to them.





I need your advice/answers to help me find a trusted partner for hosting my service. Thank You
Which Hosts should I consider for a new Web 2.0 Application that deals with 'lots' of Big Video files??
Hi,





I have a friend that just found a web hosting company that supplies unmetered bandwidth (without restrictions). He's been saying a lot of nice things about midPhase since he transferred from his last host. You can find them at http://www.midphaseoffers.com/ for more information.





If I remember right, I think he said he had a shared hosting plan with them with unmetered bandwidth, support for unlimited domains, a lot of disk space (for your videos) and a nice 30-day guarantee.





The site above should also provide you with a comparison for midPhase shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting plans. I hope this helps.





Good luck,








PhantomT


没有评论:

发表评论