2009年8月3日星期一

Need tips for writing a web service?

I need to write a web service and am undecided as to whether I should use Perl or ASP.NET with Mono (Java is out of the running altogether). My biggest concern is compatibility; I don't know what kind of hosting the customer is willing to dish out for yet, so I want it to be able to run (with minimal modifications) on IIS or Apache. How good is Apache's mod_mono in terms of speed and reliability? Is implementing Perl's SOAP::Transport::HTTP::Apache module a nightmare? Is Perl going to cause trouble if the service's consumer is a C# program running on Windows? I'll give points to the most detailed answer, not the timeliest one.
Need tips for writing a web service?
Perl's soap::lite will talk to anybody! a few tweaks and it will talk to the pickiest soapers!








ASP is a dead end in microsoft land. I'd stay away, unless you have dozens of programmers to back you up tracking down MS bugs!
Need tips for writing a web service?
You shouldn't encounter compatibility problems. It's all just XML; so long as it's well-formed, it should be fine.





It is also amusing how willing some people are to make themselves look foolish, just to badmouth Microsoft.

flower deliveries

没有评论:

发表评论