2009年8月3日星期一

Best place to find info on starting your own e-commerce web site?

I'm thinking about taking my small retail store on line. I'm looking for places to start researching ecommerce back ends and other information for those starting from scratch. I'm talking about selling individual items, so it will need to be a scalable database system (starting with 20 items eventually going to 100 or more). It needs to be totally web based. I want to be able to check system status, make updates, etc from any Internet connected PC.





If you started your own ecommerce site from scratch, please chime in. If you found any web sites or books that provided helpful info, let me know. I'm hoping to avoid early pitfalls from those that have already been through this. Something with a check list of things to think about/address would be great. Also, if you have a reccomendation for an host service that supports e-commerce sites well, I'll take that too.
Best place to find info on starting your own e-commerce web site?
The best routes to take are to research the process of starting a business as well as the industry you're interested in.





I recommend checking out the SBA, Entrepreneur, The Start Up Journal %26amp; Nolo. All 4 are great informational resources for the new/small business owner. I posted links for you in the source box.





Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research 鈥?this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* Selling Online: How to Become a Successful E-Commerce Merchant by Jim Carroll, Rick Broadhead


* The Complete E-Commerce Book: Design, Build, and Maintain a Successful Web-Based Business by Janice Reynolds


* Intelligent Selling: The Art %26amp; Science of Selling Online by Ken Burke


* E-Commerce for Dummies by Don Jones





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!
Best place to find info on starting your own e-commerce web site?
I'm glad my answer helped you out. Thank you for the best answer vote!





Best of luck to you! Report It


california pomegranates

没有评论:

发表评论