2009年8月3日星期一

What should I know in starting up my own web design business?

I have some experience supporting a large website, but not with the entire design process yet. But I really enjoy doing this type of work and would love to make money doing it. I have most of the software I think I would need (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc), as well as space with a hosting service. I am still working on my personal website and I don't have much to include for a personal portfolio yet. What would be the best steps to take to really venture out on my own by starting my own web design business and find potential customers? With all of the 'do it yourself' templates out now, is there a big demand for this type of work still?
What should I know in starting up my own web design business?
First, be sure you're good at it. I know that sounds really critical, but there are a lot of people out there that enjoy designing websites and 'think' that they're good, but they aren't. Make sure you add value to the industry.





Next, try getting business owners you know to hand over their website design requirements. Build one or two for little cost. You'll build references and a portfolio.





Then try to find places to gather new clients. Do you fit into a niche where no one else offers a good service? Do you provide back-end programming or just front-end design? Market to specific clients and serve that sector well! You can also find websites like elance.com and others that allow you to bid on open project requests.





Do good work, always treat your clients right and keep strong referral networks going. Never stop networking. Best of luck!
What should I know in starting up my own web design business?
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research 鈥?this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* How to Start a Home-Based Web Design Business, 2nd by Jim Smith


* The Real Business of Web Design Paperback by John Waters


* Professional Web Design: Techniques and Templates by Clint Eccher, Eric Hunley, Erik Simmons





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!

flower arrangement ideas

没有评论:

发表评论