2009年4月25日星期六

How do I transfer a domain name to a new owner?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good guide online of how to do this? I have found sites that help you make a sale like afternic, but I am wondering how I can do this on my own? Also, I have one domain with a company I do not like and I want to transfer it to another company with better web hosting services. How do I do that?





Thanks
How do I transfer a domain name to a new owner?
Domain name registration and web hosting are typically different services, and most companies should charge for them separately. Changing the physical location of the website is as easy as changing the Domain Name Servers (DNS) for your domain name account. How exactly to do that will vary with each company, and how they designed their website's user interface. But now that you know what to look for, you should be pointing in the right direction.





As far as changing the domain name REGISTRAR company, the timing is a bit more crucial. Normally you'll wait until a few weeks before the domain is about to expire, and sign up with a new registrar to initiate the transfer.





Maybe a specific example will help...





I used to have both domain name registration and web hosting from GoDaddy. Their web hosting didn't fill my needs, so I opened a new web hosting account with HostGator. I then canceled my GoDaddy web hosting service, and pointed the DNS to those provided by my new web hosting company.
How do I transfer a domain name to a new owner?
Check with the company you bought it from and they'll tell you. Most will let you transfer but some like Yahoo Small Buisness won't
Reply:Member since: September 17, 2006


Total points: 285 (Level 2)


Points earned this week:


--%Best answer














it depends





- if the new owner uses the same register as you, then your register should tell you how.





- if the new owner uses a different register, then they will they how. and remember to unlock your domain from your current register.. it is in the options

california pomegranates

没有评论:

发表评论